The 2017 EAA sweepstakes will run through July 30, 2017.
What Cessna or Piper represents for traditional general aviation airplanes, Van’s represents for kit airplanes. And for more than four decades, they’ve built a passionate following on the way becoming the world’s most popular kit aircraft. So it’s fitting that a factory-built RV-12 S-LSA is the grand prize for the 2017 EAA sweepstakes.
More Details on the RV-12 Prize
Here are some of the details EAA is providing about the RV-12:
- It will be painted “Tahoe Blue”
- The aircraft will be powered by a 100 hp Rotax 912ULS engine
- It will feature a Dynon SkyView electronic flight information system (EFIS)
EAA’s saying that the RV-12 will be capable of carrying up to two 210-pound passengers, 20 gallons of fuel, and 50 pounds of gear, something that is “rare in the light-sport category.”
Second Prize in the Sweepstakes
EAA’s offering a second prize in the sweepstakes as well, a VIP package for EAA’s 2018 AirVenture. This package will include the following:
- A lifetime membership in EAA
- $500 EAA merchandise voucher
- Two weekly AirVenture wristbands
- A weekly AirVenture general camping pass
- Two Bell Helicopter flight passes
- Two Ford Tri-Motor flight passes
- Two B-17 flight passes
- Two Flightline Pavillion passes
- A VIP tour of the AirVenture Grounds
- Lunch for two, one day, at the Aviator’s Club (with the day to be selected by EAA)
More Details on EAA’s Vans RV-12 Giveaway
You can enter the sweepstakes in one of three ways:
- Head over and sign up on the sweepstakes page on the EAA website.
- Fill out and mail in a form found in select issues of Sport Aviation.
- Visit the sweepstakes building during EAA’s 2017 AirVenture.
EAA also offers the opportunity to make a donation when entering the sweepstakes, though they emphasize that no donation is necessary to enter, and making a donation will not improve the chances of winning. If you do make a donation, EAA says that the proceeds will support EAA programs designed to “educate, engage, empower, and inspire the aviators of tomorrow.”
Finally, here are a few more details to keep in mind if you’re interested in entering the sweepstakes:
- The online and in person entry period ends at 11:59 PM CST, on July 30, 2017, and entries that are mailed in will need to be postmarked by July 31, 2017, and received by August 14, 2017.
- Only legal residents of the US (excluding Puerto Rico and all other territories), and Canada (excluding Québec) may enter the sweepstakes.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- Employees of EAA, or its affiliates, or advertising and / or promotional agencies involved with the sweepstakes, or immediate family members of employees, are not eligible for the sweepstakes.
- The prize winners will be selected in random drawings at the EAA Aviation Centre at Noon on September 29, 2017.
- The grand prize RV-12 will be delivered to the winner at Oshkosh, WI.
- EAA will attempt to notify the winner via phone, mail and email, but if they don’t receive a response withing 14 days after attempted communication, the prize may be forfeit.
For a complete listing of the rules, click here.
Featured Image: courtesy of EAA, Note – the aircraft in the image is not the actual aircraft being given away.